My photo
Hello there! I'm a creative Detroit based graphic designer and graduate from the College for Creative Studies. Please enjoy this archive of design work, process, thoughts and experiences. If you want to further connect please email me at stefanie.horodko@gmail.com. Thanks for viewing!

Friday, January 7, 2011

A book series on diversity


This is a series of three small books on cultural, genetic and personal diversity. The theme was on the word ‘hybrid’ which was selected at random and then transformed into three visual directions based on a scientific article, a piece of short fiction and my own personal story. I speak on plant and cultural hybridization which eventually combine to show how diversity is positive and is embraced in community through the use of color, type, grid structure and illustration to represent the mergence of these ideas.

As a side note, the coptic binding style was the most challenging method I've encountered. I've never bound a book the same way twice and this was my first all-nighter hand stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment