My photo
Hello there! I'm a creative Detroit based graphic designer and graduate from the College for Creative Studies. Please enjoy this archive of design work, process, thoughts and experiences. If you want to further connect please email me at stefanie.horodko@gmail.com. Thanks for viewing!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Guts


This publication highlights the voice of Stefan Sagmeister and his philosophies about design, along with my own response to his work. The concept of guts is based off a direct quote about taking risks. I set the book up to tactilely reflect the issue using color and pacing seeing it as almost an alive appendage of this conversation. The deeper you page through the closer you get to the heart of the book. I designed a typeface made entirely out of pig intestines, which was a personal guts moment stepping out of my comfort zone to try and create something with a bit more life.








No comments:

Post a Comment