My photo
Hello there! I'm a creative Detroit based graphic designer and graduate from the College for Creative Studies. Please enjoy this archive of design work, process, thoughts and experiences. If you want to further connect please email me at stefanie.horodko@gmail.com. Thanks for viewing!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Compassion Bottles

I created four artifacts based around the words Apathy and Compassion in context of my neighborhood of study which was Cass Corridor, modernly known as Midtown. There is a high level of homelessness and hopelessness in the area. The Homeless BBQ is a community event created by Elevate Ministries which feeds, clothes and gives hope to the people in this area. This project uses a negative (apathetic) artifact that is seen frequently in the area (liquor in brown bags) and changes the connotation into a positive (compassionate) object - an event invitation and directions to the Homeless BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment